Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Important Life Lesson from Dr. Seuss

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -Dr. Seuss

I have a gadget on my iGoogle homepage that promises a different Dr. Seuss quote every day. It actually only has about a dozen quotes, many of which are over-used lines from his more popular books. This one, however, struck a chord with me. In very few words, Seuss has basically managed to summarize a year of my life.

There were times this past year when I felt like I was all alone. There was something I stood up for that didn't seem to matter to anyone else. It felt like I was fighting a losing battle, and that no one seemed to care. It's not fun, when yours is the only heart bleeding. But reading this simple line from a Dr. Seuss book reminded me that you never really lose when you stand up for what you believe in. I think that I managed to do just that. I am proud of what I have been able to accomplish, even when it felt like I was the only one fighting for it.


Anyone else have any inspirational quotes by children's authors?

No comments: